Okay, so things didn't escalate at home badly enough for me to have to get out of there. Huzzah! :yay: Of course, there was some serious screaming, but no hasty stuff-gathering and getting dressed.
However, I'm currently struggling to create an OC on the creepier side, and I have to start admitting I'm hopelessly stuck here. I've basically done everything to trigger my creepier side (Soundtracks from horror games, reading through a few creepypasta's to analyze what exactly creeps people out, reading through psychology articles about fear), but nothing seems to bring up any good ideas. The character needs to be unsettling enough to give anyone nightmares, even me... and I don't scare easily by the conventional means: gore, tension, etc. Unexpected jumpscares however, are a sure way to make me flinch.
I don't usually do this, but I've been stuck on this for months. Could easily be a year, but I'm not even counting anymore. If you have the time, could you answer these questions in the comments?
1. Obligatory worst fear question! xD
2. What creepypasta scares you the most? Links please. If you're not in the creepypasta fandom, you can skip this one.
3. We all know this one person in real life that kind of creeps us out. What exactly keeps you away from them?
4. Do you have a certain ritual at night? (locking doors and windows, turning off all the lights, etc.)
5. If you'd hear a noise you don't recognize, what would you do?
6. So I've read about these rituals where you invite a spirit into your home and you need to do really specific things not to die. Would you do one of those rituals? Why would or wouldn't you?
7. Thank you guys for helping me out here, I'll just get out of your hair!